Custom Search

Friday, June 12, 2009

Le Grande Buffon 2009

It has been one of the quietest spells in living memory on the stupidity front. I blame the Credit Crunch, it seems to be responsible for everything else. After all, it is easier to be stupid when tanked than when sober, although not always. As the example I am about to relate illustrates. I was meeting some people down in Bournemouth, and had been booked on a plane, and into a hotel. So far so good. I arrived at my destination, and flagged down a cab. Now it was late in the evening, and I had done a 10 hour shift earlier in the day, and I couldn't remember the full name of the hotel. "I am after a place called the Durley something" I said to the cab driver. "No worries mate" he replied and took me to a place called the Durley Dean Hotel. The next problem came at the reception. I asked if there was a room booked in my name. There wasn't. I scratched my head and realised that I could only remember the guy who booked the rooms nickname. Which didn't help in the slightest. Are you with the conference, they asked. Yes, I said. Don't worry, leave us your card imprint, and we will sort it in the morning. So after a good night's kip, I went down to breakfast, and still couldn't spot my delegation. I finally tracked them down at around eleven o'clock. "Where were you last night" asked Fred. "They said you didn't check in the morning." "Which hotel am I booked into?" I asked. "The Durley Grange" was his reply. D'oh!! I had managed to stay in the wrong place, and was charged £50 for the privilege. I reckon the chap at the Durley Dean knew exactly what was happening, and saw a chance to fill a room . Wanker....... Anyway, no matter which you paint it, Buffoon points are required. Shouty reckons I should get a guzillion, but everyone else seems agreed that eight points is a fairer score. I just hope Crespo has done something stupid in Portugal.

  1. Shouty 27 points
  2. Euro Bri 16 points
  3. Helmet 14 points
  4. Crespo 11 points
  5. Pembo 4 points
  6. Dr Shotgun 2 points
  7. Funky 1 point
  8. G Spot 1 point
  9. Sprocket 1 point

No comments: