Custom Search

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Is Anybody Out There?

Howdy strangers, how we all doing?  I know it has been quite a while, so I thought I would just drop on and pop on a quick post.  Well things have been more than a bit hectic in my life over the past few months, and I am afraid I have neglected this blog for far too long.  The reasons for this are many, but the over riding factor has been the lack of much to report on.  I am afraid the Bender Squad has hit the buffers of middle age.  Yes, the Peter Pans of West Yorkshire have left Never-Never land, and although we still make the odd return journey, I do believe our permanent residence has come to end.  Not such a bad thing, after all I would like to actually get to retirement age, and enjoy a few tears of it, something our previous lifestyle may have dictated against.  Of course this means there are less shenanigans to report on, which means I need to take this blog, if it is to continue, in a different direction, something I have pondered long and hard on.  Of course classic threads such as Away Days, Le Grand Buffoon, Killer Keisters etc, are timeless, but I need to figure out what else I can spout forth on.  After all, middle age is a bit of an excitement desert I am afraid.  So bear with me over the next few weeks, as I try and resurrect this here blog.  It may not happen, but I am going to give it one more go, before I don the slippers and spark up that pipe........

No comments: